Thursday, August 31, 2006

Well the first day of school wasn't too bad. I didn't even cry when I droped my little girl off. The boy is used to the whole deal, so he was like, later Mom. Today my girl got a little clingy when I was leaving, but later she told me she had a great day. She still thinks school is cool.

I went to part of a year of kindergarten, then was homeschooled till seventh grade, so I missed all this. It is kinda strange watching my kids go through something I never did. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. But I'm not gonna go there right now.

I noticed in the paper today the controversy about the Aliveat5 thing. So, any input? I thought it kinda sounded like someone was loooking for something to complain about, but I don't really know. It seems like it would be good for downtown business for the most part, and I know several downtown business owners who are behind it all the way. Miz Koontz seems like she managed to get her ducks in a row after a poor start, which impresses me.

Sadly, I have several things I want to write about, but I never seem to have time anymore.

Politicians suck. I am totally disgusted. They are all lying bigots as far as I am concerned, and they can all kiss my ass, based on their stupid commercials.

I am still concerned about the inforcement of the sign code. Why did they cram this down our throats if they were not going to inforce it. The old one was just as uninforced. Without a year of media coverage and the bad feelings that ensued. And the waste of our city governments' time. And my time, dammit, I went to several City Commission Meetings, and did research and stuff, only to be told this is what the public wants....

Anyway, I may have a moment or two to post again soon. I may be pissy about things again. We shall see.

0 Old Comments: