Monday, December 11, 2006

I gotta say one more thing..

O.K maybe more than one.
1. I never said the City is wrong for not allowing sledding.
2. I never said it was safe.
3.The City must assume it is safe.
Why then, did they post signs saying "At your own Risk"? Perhaps to signify there was a risk.
4.I do not believe the City encouraged sledding. People did it, the City attempted to make it safer, and in the end the City, and everyone else, paid for peoples decision to go sledding on this hill.
5."Isn't it amazing that we can't have sledding on Flag Hill, but the City actually created a dangerous skatepark?" Excellent point. I was wondering if anyone was going to point that out.

I was just throwing out a general post about risk and responsibility and others choose to run with it. I appreciate the intelligent discussion this has sparked, but rather frown upon senseless sarcasm and overzealous diatribe in my comments. I am not advocating sending our kids out to be injured and maimed, rather I was pointing out some of the activities that benefit kids, but may have risks involved, which I think could be overcome with a little public participation and the realization that almost anything can injure us, and it is not always someone else's fault.

0 Old Comments: