Saturday, December 02, 2006

Scientists working on a drug to cure obesity!

“A nationwide epidemic”

I saw Richard Simmons on Letterman the other night. Now, I cannot stand Simmons. But he started talking about Physical Education in our schools, how important it is. And I found myself agreeing with him.

I started thinking about this.

I looked at all the kids walking out of school for the next few days.

I considered the adults I see everyday.

I think my son needs to get more exercise.
He has gym, roller blades daily, (when that crappy white stuff is not on the ground) rollerblades at Hauers about once a week, goes to the skate park regularly, runs around with his friends, and is generally fairly active-when he is not sitting around playing video games.

He ended up on the ground panting and exhausted, begging for a break, after hunting for just a couple hours with me and his Dad. I know several other kids who are much more sedentary, and they are becoming overweight.

Wonder why?

0 Old Comments: