Wednesday, August 24, 2005

School starting

Well school is about to start. Once again I get to drive the boy up to school, park in the drop off zone and drop him off with a hug, then sit there for fifteen minutes while other parents park in the crosswalk to drop off their little darlings. It always stumps me. My child is important, but I believe ALL kids should be protected, especially at school. This is why I sit there and allow them to cross the street, no matter how much of a hurry the lady behind me is in. O.K., sometimes I sit there longer than needed, but come on, these are kids!
I feel a sense of pride when my son holds the door for others, or stops to help a smaller child. Are our days so full we cannot take a few moments to ensure the safety and well being of those around us? A smile and a helping hand from a stranger can make your whole outlook change. We live in a community, only we can make it better.

2 Old Comments:

THe GF school dist. has worked on improvements to this problem. Please let us know if it is still a big one.

By Blogger ZenPanda, at 5:45 AM  

Thank you for caring. I know at the end of last year there were improvements on the school side-It is the parents I have a problem with.

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 4:42 PM