Thursday, June 15, 2006

Golf, again.

Went over to the Trib forum "thingy" and did some reading on the city golf crisis. There are some interesting opinions.
When I ran cross country in high school, all the meets were at golf courses. I believe they still are. Here in Great Falls I know we ran on city owned courses. I had not thought about it before, but there are several references to closing one or more of the courses. Which makes me wonder, what benefits are there to others (non-golfers) in having golf courses?

The other thing I noticed was the blame being thrown around. I think it has been established that there is a problem with golf course management. What to do, what to do. Maybe fix it? There have been some changes, but without good management, they can do as much harm as good. Who is minding the store?

"If Jovick-Kuntz doesn’t like the heat for this decision she should blame Lawton who has been asleep at the wheel." (quote swiped from the trib forum)
Whatever. I'm going to mow the lawn, because it is my responsibility, and I have no one to blame if it doesn't get done.

0 Old Comments: