Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just getting around to this..

Well, I didn't make it to Blues and Brews. I was stressed out, tired of my life, and just wanted to get out of the house and not think about anything for a while.
So I called a girl I know, and asked if she wanted to go listen to some music, drink a few beers and unwind, since I know her life is a lot like mine. Two girls, goin' out. Well, then my sister called, she was coming to town. So she is going too, which is fine, I kinda like her. Then the other sister wants to go to, since we hardly ever do anything together. O.K. So now we have four women. Mercy.
Well, none of us have a whole lot of money, and we were not sure if B&B was gonna be the thing, so after many phone calls (where do you want to go? I dunno, where do you want to go?? I don't care, this isn't a big deal, make up your frikkin mind!) I was like, let's just start hitting bars with live music till we find something decent!
So the first place we went was pretty bad. The band did NO sound check, were blowing fuses in equipment before the first song was over, and then the half decent female singer sat down so the male bass player could sing a Patsy Cline song! I was so outta there. Luckily, the others agreed.
The next place was a bar I used to go to in that other life, you know, before I had kids and stuff. Sister #2 had heard that it was a thrash metal band, so we didn't figure on staying long. But that band was tearing down when we got there, and the next one was pretty good. Very good mix of music, competent singer, good guitars, etc.
I got to see a whole new side to my friend, which was cool, she turned out to be alot of fun! The sisters had to go about midnight, they were worried about turning into pumpkins or something.
Ended up getting to know the band, which is always cool, dancing a bit, drinking to much, and getting to bed way too late. Then, after about 3.5 hours of sleep I, like a dumbass, got up and spent the day on the boat. The hangover did not go away, it just rolled over into Sunday!
But it was fun. I may have the urge to do it again. Someday.

0 Old Comments: