Tuesday, August 30, 2005

This is a letter to the editor in Mondays paper:

"Its not that "Boy George" can't afford to face Mrs. Sheehan. It's more that he is a coward.
Having displayed his "lemon tinge" when he had the opportunity to defend freedom in Vietnam, I'm sure he finds it easy to evade confrontation.
After all, Mrs. Sheehan has truth, honor and honesty on her side, while "Baby Bush" has lies, deceit, and deception (quintessential Republican qualities) on his.
Coupled with the reality that our "CINC" (Coward in Command) isn't equipped with the capabilities to speak coherently, Karl Rove would never allow Bush to be put in any situation where he was not provided with the answers to planted questions and handpicked audiences!"

I have been wondering for some time now why this woman thinks she has the right to speak with the president again. If I decided I wanted to give him a piece of my mind, do you think he would talk to me? The President seems to be a fairly busy man, but she has nothing better to do than sit outside his ranch? It also seems to me she is degrading what her son died for. She may not agree with it, many of us don't but it was not her decision for him to join the military. If he died golfing would she be doing this?
And Mr. Bush did manage to speak well enough to Get Elected President of The United States!

2 Old Comments:

Exactly! My son joined the army of his own free will. I am concerned but it was his choice. (Having done so my self & am currently married to an active duty member of the air force, this choice is *imho* selfless and comes with both good & bad consequences)

I understand that she feels her "baby" died for a cause she may not support but he was not a "baby"- he was an adult. I may not agree with the cause either but I am not going to argue with the President over it- that is his job & until he leaves it I support the troops.

By Blogger ZenPanda, at 5:37 PM  

Plus, he already met with her once. I think she is merely exploiting her son's death to make her political point. Does she have the right to do so? Of course. But our government has never granted the families of its fallen soldiers some greater right to influence policy than any other citizen.

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 11:45 PM