Thursday, September 08, 2005

Heres a quandry for you.

My older sister works for the BLM and is a Coast Guard certified boat operator. The BLM has requested boat operators to go to N.O. My sister is considering doing this as she could make a lot of money and help alot of people. However, last year about this time she had some very serious health problems, which I believe make it more dangerous for her to be in this polluted environment. (Our mother is concerned about people shooting at her, but I say give her a gun and let her shoot back) My sisters decision is pending a doctors opinion.
Now, money is nice, and helping people is great, but I don't feel she should feel obligated to go when it could put her in danger. She asked for my opinion, and as usual we discussed it at great length. If she had no health problems I think I could be quite supportive, but I almost lost her once. I don't want her to go, but I feel a bit guilty because I'm sure she could do alot of good. I am hoping that her doctor will tell her NO!

2 Old Comments:

I think that if it may adversely affect her health (aside from the bullets) - she shouldn't go.

And I have a brother headed down there. . .

By Blogger KarbonKountyMoos, at 4:33 PM  

It would help if I trusted her doctors. They have yet to figure out why she has heart problems. I wish I could go instead.

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 11:08 AM