Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Measured by Scandal

Isn't it interesting how public figures define success by what makes or doesn't make the news? Either good or bad, it is the public perception that defines many people. I wonder if some people actually review their own morals, or just go by public records. I was once asked how I could go out in public without my make-up and hair done. I replied, If other people don't like the way I look, they do not have to look at me. This is who I am. I do not care if everyone likes me, I may not like them. But to live your life so everyone will like you seems very barren. Diversity is important, It is what makes us individuals. Some people rant, swear, lose their tempers. Some are quiet, reserved, bottle everything up. Neither is wrong, nor right. Everyone needs to rock the boat every once in a while.

4 Old Comments:

Please elaborate...with specifics.

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 6:50 PM  

Oh, you are such a lawyer! Just the odd meanderings of my mind. I may elaborate at some point in the future.

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 8:21 PM  

And you touched on a few of the specifics in your current posts.

P.S. The lawyer statement should be taken as a teasing compliment. I enjoy inquiring minds.

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 12:17 PM  

Doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. I'm used to it!

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 4:22 PM