Friday, December 16, 2005

Blogs amaze me. People posting so many different things. Meeting people you would have never spoken to in your life. People you would be great friends with, and people you wouldn't like. Discussions on politics and religion, polite, thought out (mostly), logical discussions. Amazing. There are some very humorous people out there. I wonder if they are like that in real life, or is this the forum they chose to release it, where no one can actually see them? I think most people are honest in their blogs. Anything else would be like cheating at solitaire. This is like a glimpse into peoples daily lives, but you get a feel for who the person is. You can learn alot about peoples feeling for issues, local and world wide. What the weather is like in Georgia. How someone you don't know is doing in school, or treatment. What people did for the Holidays. There is no first sight of a person to form a perception around, only the words that have been typed to form character and substance. You can see the things you have seen through someone else's eyes, or answer a question from thousands of miles away, when you didn't hear it asked.

9 Old Comments:

All us local bloggers will have to get together one of these days.

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 9:54 AM  

I love the blogosphere. Even with the recent trouble I've had, most of the folks wandering about here are good people. And I think it is very interesting too--the thoughts bloggers have or what they find interesting.

By Blogger LL, at 4:04 PM  

I found myself discussing all the blogs I read with my family regularly now.
I also find that I want to say things but have to think exactly how to say them without offending the author. IRL you can show meaning with expression -of tone & face- but printed word is open to the readers' interpretation.
I love the Wal-Mart dialogue, the bits about different religions on the "Christmas season" and the fun stuff Dave is doing with his phone!

I spend waaaaay too much time reading them now. :)

By Blogger ZenPanda, at 11:20 PM  

Right on, FireFly. And like GeeGuy said: we need to have a get-together soon!

By Blogger david, at 7:16 AM  

I suppose I'm probably the reason you had to toss in that (mostly), I blow my stack sometimes in real life too. The person you see on my blog is mostly the person I am in real life. I may come across a little more sophisticated in text than in speech, but I'm the same guy. Just a working stiff saying what he thinks whether anybody wants to hear it or not. As for the blog get together, Dave Budge tossed out the idea of a BBQ a while back. I think it would be well attended. If y'all invite me, I promise to be nice. ;)

By Blogger Justin, at 5:43 PM  

A BBQ might be a little cold!

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 7:32 PM  

Anybody been to the Machinery Row Underground Lounge yet? 49th St Blues Project was there and I missed it!

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 12:23 PM  

We ate at The Breaks on Friday night, but didn't see the downstairs...

By Blogger david, at 9:00 PM  

Haven't we tossed around th eidea of a blogger bash for GF before?

Any ideas for when? January sounds good to me! Pick a spot & we'll see what we can do!

By Blogger ZenPanda, at 7:52 AM