Thursday, January 26, 2006

Once again, I have been using my few moments of free computer time to read instead of post. I can't help myself.
Speaking of reading, I just read Robert Parkers Perchance to Dream, sequel to Chandlers The Big Sleep. Cool book.
And reading another blog made me start thinking of re-reading Rogers Zelaznys Amber series. Justin over at What I Think made reference to one of my favorite poets, Robert Service. See, it is like an obsession! Now I am going to have to fight the compulsion to visit the library or a bookstore, because if I do, I will never post! Or wash dishes, clean house or get dinner ready, not to mention the design work I am not doing RIGHT NOW!
Over at Greater Falls an obscure band name has made me ponder how many bands are named things that have no meaning to anyone but the band. I heard of a band named Duronotic. Any Ideas? I know Duronotic is the vinyl color that Great Falls Clinic uses for its directory, but is there another meaning? When chosing a name the band REM pointed to a random entry in the dictionary. Oh, the way the mind works!

0 Old Comments: