Monday, January 30, 2006

A personality disorder.

I am a smart-ass. When confronted with a stupid question, my inclination is to respond in kind.
I was visiting a local bar, since the Other Half was off in the great wet wild, and was asked if I was Native American. My response - Why yes, born and raised here. Next question- what tribe? Oh, no I am not American Indian. (You should understand, my patience was wearing thin-he had already introduced himself and asked this same question several times.) Next question- If you are not Indian, where did you get black hair? (What, only Indians get to have dark hair?) My response- From a bottle. This man, who is an Indian, became quite miffed, and accused me of being unkind. Guess what, that's fine, go sit at your end of the bar and bitch about the girl who won't answer your questions. I did answer his questions, and quite honestly, just not the way he expected. I had dark reddish brown hair, (with a bit of silver) until last week.
But I digress, I do have a point to this post. I have never, to my recollection, cared much about skin color or race. If you are cool, cool. If you are an idiot, well I will tolerate it to a point, and then I will tell you. Hopefully, in a way you can understand, so you will leave me alone. I have the same narrowminded view on politics. I don't care if you are Democrat or Republican or something in between. I refuse to be classified as either, and will impartially argue both sides given my Personal Feelings. I have spent years trying not to insult people I think are idiots, but the older I get, the less I care.
Anyway. I have been trying to get a feel for this blogging thing, and have come to the conclusion I have been being a bit- well, nice. Which, for the most part I am. However, I have strong feelings on some subjects where I have not posted because, well, I was being nice. I think I may change that in the future. Don't expect it to all come out at once though.

0 Old Comments: