Sunday, August 13, 2006

So the guys went fishing, I'm sitting here drinking my last beer, and I just remembered the battery for the truck is dead. It is actually the boat battery, but someone left the key on in the boat, so the truck battery became the boat battery and the dead one became my problem. Nice. Anyone want to bring me a beer? The lawnmower is having problems-the shutoff lever thingy doesn't work, so to turn it off you have to run in the house and get the other half to pull the spark plug wire. And he isn't here, so I can't mow the lawn. And after seeing him jump when he pulled the wire-before he got smart and used a stick-I have no plans to try it myself. Time to invoke the Girl Clause. So I may spend the afternoon working on my tan. Infinitely better than doing any sort of work, except for the absence of beer.

Was up at the local sporting goods store yesterday pawing guns. (Actually I was buying a new prop for the trolling motor, but that is a whole other story) I shoot the father-in-laws Parker Hale 25.06 which I love. When I started hunting again about 8 years ago we decided I would just shoot his guns till we decided what I wanted. Now I know what I want, but it is kinda hard to find. I really love that gun, but the grumpy old fart will Not sell it to me. Mutters about having the whole set, and they are hard to find, and all that crap. Uh, yeah, I know it's hard to find, that's why I want yours! It's not like he ever shoots the damn thing! Only thing he can hunt with anymore are his pistols anyway, having a bad shoulder and all.
Anyway, I fondled a couple 25.06's at the store, but the only one that came close in weight and feel was a Kimber. And the price tag on that thing made me shiver like I just had a shot of tequila. It is a beautiful gun, had the right weight (one of the reasons I like the F-I-L's is it's not too heavy for a skinny girl to pack around all day) felt good when I threw it up to my shoulder-and it was pretty. (No, not girly pretty, gun pretty) I may have to save my pennies for a few years. (Or decades)

Get to take the boy antelope hunting! Either sex! WhooHoo! I'm going to be on top of the list for OTC tags , maybe I can pick up a cow tag too. Much better to get a cow than a bunch of doe tags. I want to go turkey hunting again too. Spring is shotgun only, but in the fall you can blast'em with a rifle, and we have a awesome spot to go.

Anyway, I'm off to tan. With no beer. Damn.

0 Old Comments: