Thursday, July 20, 2006

So I'm looking

for a good merlot. You see, I drank this wine at my aunt's house in NY. (That's her over there under Art.) It was really good. Very rich, almost fruity. No vinegary taste. I expect it was fairly costly. Now, I did not take note of the bottle, which I admit would have been a very good detective move. I do know it was Australian. Kinda thinkin' there might have been some kind of little critter on it. Another good move would be to ask the aunt, but I forget to, and time has passed, so I just drink wine and remember the ones I have tried. Beringer Stone Cellars is about the closest I have run into. A Black Swan merlot tastes like it started to turn and they got it into the bottle as quick as they could. I'm going to try the one with the psycadelic kangaroo on it next. (Hey Justin, shut up, you drink Rainer!) Speaking of bad beer, I remember when you could buy a case of Rainer stubby bottles for $7.00 at M & H. and get a buck back for the empties. And you could buy two liter bottles of wine coolers. Ahh, and the infamous Coors Light Party Ball. The good old days. When I was young enough not to care what I drank. The reason I will never again drink Jim Beam.

0 Old Comments: