Sunday, February 11, 2007

I see

there is a nice little article in the paper today about Bed and Breakfasts in Montana. Written by a Tribune staff writer. She does not mention any local B & B’s. Oh, wait, our business friendly city doesn’t have many left, do they. The article discusses the tendency to house B & B’s in historical home or buildings. I never had an opportunity to visit the Charlie Russell Manor, but I would have liked to.

I lived near the Collins Mansion for a while when I was younger, when it was just an old abandoned house sitting on the hill. It made me think about history, the people that built it, that lived there. I looked at the old carriage house when it was for sale. I watched both buildings rejuvenated, and had the opportunity to visit the Collins Mansion for an evening dinner once, walk across the old parquet flooring in the foyer, and tour the upstairs bedrooms. The front bedroom with the windows that give you a view of the city spread below, with the lights gleaming in the dusk, twinkling off the river.

There is also an article about the Montana Bar in Miles City. There seem to be a lot of Montana Bars around. Wonder if the one in Miles City would be interested in an old sign. All it needs is some cleaning and a few light bulbs. And since it does not seem to have an owner, it should be free!

0 Old Comments: