Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I love this. On the Tribune front page is a headline about ranchers putting extra work for their livestock-and a picture of a deer standing by the road!

A pet peeve of mine:Clean the snow off your car before you go crusing down the street! A hole in the windshield snow big enough to see out of is just stupid. I know the wipers are frozen down, and you'll hit them as soon as you can but... and all that snow blowing off the hood Might be distracting! Those red things on the back of the car? A quick wipe will give us a clue that you are turning your mini-blizzard down a side street. I saw a guy this morning sitting in his car, while it was running, pumping gas, with snow piled up over the entire thing. His back window was untouched powder, with a nice mogul over the trunk and a jump off the bumper!
Front windshield was a two hand sweep for visibility, a snow visor on top and a foot on the hood.

Another thing that has been bugging me. Body piercings. Not really as a whole, but in a sub-group called children. Saw a little girl at the school the other day, not more than eleven years old, with multiple earrings, nose ring, lip ring, and a stud through each eyebrow. Is an eleven year old child really mature enough to get these?
Earrings are feminine, I believe, and if I chose not to wear them, most people don't notice. (I also have long hair, so even less noticeable.) But how do you get away from a hole in your lip? And don't tell me she can let them close up. I have had pierced ears for 17 years, wear earings maybe 4-5 times a year, still there!
And what if she gets a boyfriend with a lip ring and they get tangled together and she has to go to her Dad for wire cutters? Bet that would make his day!

1 Old Comments:

Deer pic was cool...what it had to do with all the extra work I didn't get. LOL

My friends' son help clean off her blazer last night by doing snow angels on the roof!! Better half done than leaving the mound for the blizzard to start from.

I don't get body piercing, at all. My friend pierced her tongue & bellybutton (she 37) & it think it looks stupid on her. But 11 yo! NO WAY!

Anyway, I'm glad you got that off your chest!

By Blogger ZenPanda, at 5:22 PM