Monday, January 30, 2006

Well, I have been following a couple discussions of different sites. Gee, over on Mt Politics had a discussion on non-partisan judges break down into – something. I was a bit disappointed, since it looked like a good discussion for awhile. I think a couple of commenters need to put on gloves and get in the ring. (Insert G-n-R lyrics here)
Seen this happen on a couple of sites. It is sad that normally intelligent people who I like to read can cause me to ditch a comment thread and ignore the whole thing. Can’t we be adults? Justin had the same problem with a guy on his site. It is interesting to read the comments some people make and your thinking, Dude, do you read that before you hit post? See, I have this thing about making my self look stupid. I don’t like it. So I try not to. If I have nothing to say, I say nothing. Simple, huh. One of the reasons I always read Dave. He reminds me there is nothing as important as enjoying life. Everything else is just stress.
On another subject most of you likely care nothing about, Northern Pike really stink. And slime. Like a bulldog watching you eat steak. Or an irate bull, slinging snot and saliva in convoluted slime trails as he lines up the poker playing clown. The O.H. brought some home, (pike, not bulls) and they must be cleaned before they can become food. My policy- If I didn’t catch it, I don’t clean it. Nasty smelly things polluted my whole house. They taste good though. With some melted butter, nummy. Ha, spell check says that’s not a real word! O.K., enough for now. Have a great day!

4 Old Comments:

You nailed it this time, on the blogs, and the fish. Sorry about my troll infestation, he seems to have moved on now but I still haven't received an apology or even an acknowledgement of the BS he was spouting. If you go over to his site there's nothing but photoshopped pics and a big flaming hate fest, along with a post or two criticizing others for photoshopped pictures and a hate fest, wee bit hipocritical if you ask me but to each his own. My mama taught me that if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut, and I mostly do unless somebody calls me out. This guy's mama must have dropped him on his head a few too many times is all I can say.

As far as pike are concerned, you are absolutely right about the slime infested alligators. My dad won't even allow the damn things in his boat, cut the line or knock 'em off with an oar. Wouldn't be so bad this time of year but in the summertime once you've had a pike in the boat you're fighting off flies all day. Rotten slime oozing stinking things, but they do taste good if you can stand them long enough to clean them. I'll take them if I get them, but I prefer walleye anyday.

By Blogger Justin, at 5:41 PM  

Awwwww! :-)

By Blogger david, at 7:45 PM  

Walleye is awsome, we also like perch and ling. Just started eating pike. I'll give up a jig anyday not to touch one. Ice fishing them is the way to go, knock the sides off right on the ice and they don't stink near as bad. I, however, do. not. ice. fish.

Seriously Dave, you're awesome.

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 10:33 AM  

I'm with you on Dave. Mr. Positive. Always.

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 9:54 PM