Thursday, February 02, 2006

Recipe for most excellent baked chicken

Purchase chicken. This is veddy important. While doing this, purchase a bottle of wine. White zin or White merlot is good.
Place chicken in pan, season with whatever-salt, pepper, Worchestershire etc. Place in 275 degree oven.
Have a glass of wine, do last minute pick up of house so Other Half doesn't trip on Polly Pockets car when he gets home.
Converse with other half about his day if he wishes. Offer sympathy on stupid worthless helper OH has spent day following around to fix the morons screw-ups while still getting his own work done. Remain optimistic that Big Boss will can the moron soon.
Instruct OH on proper use of new digital camera, no no no X-rated pictures dear, that will break it!
Put movie in for whiney daughter.
Browbeat boy to do homework.
Have another glass of wine. (But save some, you will need it later.)
Get your ass handed to you at several games of darts. Decline getting your ass handed to you at foosball. (The game you tought him, but he must excel at everything he does, so now he beats you regularly.)
Poke chicken to see if it is cooked. Timer? We don't need no stinkin timer!
Prepare side dishes.
Chop mushroom in fairly big chunks. Oh, come on, I know I didn't tell you you needed mushrooms, you should have read my mind!
Cut bacon into snall bits - What! you didn't know you needed bacon? See above.
Quickly brown bacon, do not drain grease, add mushrooms, pour in enough wine to cover bottom of pan. You drank all the wine? You lush, get two bottles next time. I, however have some left, so I"ll pour a glass and cover the mushrooms while I cook them on low heat.
Browbeat boy to finish homework.
Answer fifty questions from daughter- Where do angels come from? Who makes grass? Who makes chairs? etc.
Check mushrooms. If they are about done place cooked chicken on top of them, stir a little to coat with juices and cover. Turn off stove. Remember to turn off oven.
Make sure you have enough clean dishes for everyone.
Tell son he can't have dinner cuz he hasn't finished his homework. Laugh at his expression. Feed him anyway.
I made scalloped potatoes and stuffing , but you can do anything you want, your a grown-up arn't you?

3 Old Comments:

Great post, I'm ROFL!

Here's a chicken recipe for ya, backwoods redneck hillbilly style. Kill chicken, clean, pluck, wash, or just buy one at the store if you're the wussy wine drinking type. ;) While you're at the store steal a lemon, damn things are way overpriced, if you've got any tequila steal two or three lemons. Poke holes in a lemon with a fork, stuff perforated lemon inside chicken. Place whole mess in one of those throw away tin foil pans, washing dishes sucks. Douse with lemon juice and pepper, cover with more tinfoil, put the pan, (with the chicken inside of course), on the barbeque grill on low heat. Drink beer or tequila for one hour, wine is for sissies. Poke chicken in the thigh with with fork, that's the chicken, not the OH, don't poke him with the fork no matter how bad you want to after drinking all that tequila, poke the chicken. If the juices run clear, eat it and wash it down with more beer and another shot of tequila. Guaranteed to be the best damn chicken you ever had, and if it isn't you'll be too drunk to care. You can even cook it next to a campfire or in the oven if you don't want to use the grill. Best part is that after a half bottle or so of tequila and a half dozen beers, the x-rated pictures might not seem like such a bad idea, never know, it might even be fun. ;)

By Blogger Justin, at 11:42 AM  

Are you calling me a sissy? When I get rip-roarin wine drunk and kick your ass, you'll change your tune! (I see no-one has threatened to kick your ass on your site lately, so I'll step in!)
Hey, do you happen to have a drivers side door for a '78 Chevy in that wrecking yard of yours?

By Blogger a-fire-fly, at 12:52 PM  

I sure do have a driver's side door, but you have to take the rest of the truck too. I'm selling my '79, I don't have any extra parts here, but I've got a friend with half a dozen of them laying around that he said I could have, what color do you need? I think these are any color you want as long as it's silver.

As far as the ass kicking is concerned, thanks. I'm just not right if I don't get threatened at least once or twice a week, funny thing is though, last actual ass kicking I remember was when I was 15 . . . those were the good old days, damn I miss 'em. ;)

By Blogger Justin, at 11:12 AM