Monday, March 13, 2006

The moral and ethical standards in our country are breaking down. It is becoming commonplace to claim that things are someone elses fault. The lines of right and wrong become blurred, it becomes easy to refuse to take responsibility for your actions. Is this freedom? Who is right, me with my personal moral and religious view or you with yours? How do we determine which fundamental belief is justified. When is the concept of "fair" overruled by the concept of what is right, and can these two things ever peacefully coexist? We are all raised with a set of standards instilled in us by the people we respect, admire, or fear. As we grow we form our own opinions, bolstered by education, our perception of right and wrong, and the knowledge we gain in our world.
Moral and ethical guidelines. Religion. Education. Opinion. A Supreme Court Judge has the law and a personal interpretation of it governed by an informed opinion. And Power. I have the law and a personal interpretation of it governed by an informed opinion. (Possibly not as informed.)
But no Power, except over my blog, where I will throw out my Opinion, and you may try to sway it with yours. You may change my mind. Or not.

1 Old Comments:

Try: "The Death of Right and Wrong" by Tammy Bruce.

By Blogger GeeGuy, at 2:11 PM