Saturday, June 24, 2006

Parenting again. Pretty easy right now, the chillins are at a neighbor kids birthday party consisting of cake, ice cream and a slip n' slide.
Hmm, possibilities there after the kids go to bed- I swear, you guys are a bad influence on me, thinkin like that! Cut it out!
The guys went fishing, without me obviously. I will attempt to drown my sorrows. Mmmm, cold beer.
I engaged in a heated battle with weeds today in the flowerbeds. It would be easier if there were more flowers. There is this clover type stuff that is quite tenacious. The mint and garlic are doing well. The lilys have small sickly buds again, I think they suck. I could be doing something wrong, but I prefer to blame it on them. Probably because I bought them at Home Depot. The Bachelor Buttons grow and reproduce quite well, but insist on falling over, they are completely spineless, like a politician at a campaign fundraiser.
Does anyone know, will the garlic be done after a year, or is this like a long term investment? One of the few things I have never grown before. They are similar to little onion bulbs right now. I know this thanks to the cats from the 'hood, who keep digging in my flower beds. I need the boys pellet gun.
Weeding the dirt in the oak barrel planter out front and what to my wondering eyes should appear, but violets, they came up from last year! Don't mess with them, saves me from planting new stuff! I should mow the lawn, but I heard mowing in the evening isn't good for it.

0 Old Comments: