Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ahh, the fun begins.

We have no sign inspector. The deadline for Grandfathering signs has come. I wait with baited breath. What will happen now? I have several defunct, morbid monstrosities in mind, I have checked with everyone I know about the legalities of their continued existence, and now I wait. Not very confident in the system. I watched an unlicensed sign installer spend several hours erecting a sign in our city center last week. I assume he had a permit. Wonder how he got it, under whose name.

Thinking about the City pools.
Numbers over at Aarons are not adding up. Maintenance is pretty standard for most things isn’t it? Give your house a new coat of paint every few years, change the oil and rotate the tires on your car, etc. But not the neighborhood pools.
Not to raise anyones ire, but I would like to see the advertising budget for Mitchell Pool. I just noticed a billboard up off Central West and I find myself questioning both the need for this type of advertising, and the location of the ad, from that location most people coming in from out of town will probably drive by the water park any way.
Oh, wait, the billboard doesn’t tell you where the water park is. Never mind, I was thinking it might be to help out of towners find the place, but no. But at least the city put it on a locally owned billboard.
Oh, wait, I think that one is owned by and probably printed by Lamar Advertising. At least they have a local office.
I know, now I am being petty.

I think my ISP knows I am ditching it. In the last few days it has gotten worse. Or maybe I have just tried to spend more time on the internet.

0 Old Comments: