Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Oh, I was sitting here Monday, my O. H. out fishing without me (again!) with varied little psycho's-Um, I meant kids- running hither and yon in the heat and excitement of another day with no school, and one of them asked for a drink of water.
I told him to get his own damn water and leave me alone, in the nicest possible way, which he proceded to do, keeping one eye on the crazy mom type lady (who earlier had been instructing kids in the proper way to snap a dishtowel) and I hear running water-downstairs, where no water should be running, ever. So I proceeded to investigate.
After a pitched battle with spiders and dustbunnies I claimed the field, and deduced, from the water running out of the big ass hole in the drain pipe, that I was in need of a plumber type person. Hey, I have one of those! Shit, no, I don't he is fishing till Tuesday afternoon! (without me) The drain line is only for the kitchen sink and dishwasher at that point, which means-I don't gotta do dishes till he fixes it! Ha, Ha, Ha!!!
So I tell the kids not to use the kitchen sink, and the daughter asks why-I have now sucessfully convinced my four year old that the spiders downstairs got thirsty and chewed a hole in the pipes! When, with a concerned countenance, she questioned her returned Daddy on the subject, she learned - those were some Big Spiders to chew through that big heavy pipe!!
Kids are so much fun!

0 Old Comments: