Thursday, December 29, 2005

There is something in the toy box...

that I cannot find. An old toy, the batteries almost gone, with just enough strength left to emit an ocasional string of notes. It can tell when I am hunting it, and remains silent untill I leave the room. I have hunted through the box, waiting for it's dying warble, but it continues to elude me. The lonely remnant of a past Christmas or bithday, fighting for its little electronic life, knowing it will not recieve new life, but be cruelly discarded, like the unwanted detrius of a old year. I will find it, never fear, and judge it's worth.
Update
A f%&*in' Happy Meal toy! It has been relegated to it's proper place. Would have been more satisfying to jump up and down on it screaming curses, but there were kids around.

3 Old Comments:

I have had the same situation happen many times in recent months. It is easier to close the door and wait for those batteries to die, die, die! Earplugs work well.

By Blogger Treasure State Jew, at 10:18 AM  

Same here -- in our garage, around 2:20 am, something in a storage begins beeping quietly for one minute. Think it's an old organizer that younger child used to play with.

By Blogger david, at 10:21 PM  

And here I thought I was the only one. ;)

By Blogger Justin, at 11:09 AM